Friday, June 26, 2009

Worth the wait

Well it’s been worth waiting for as they say; I’m absolutely delighted to be starting on Saturday in my preferred position – 15! Actually overjoyed! It’s been a tough week in terms of the weather here, and it has not helped our training, but our heads are right and we are really looking forward to Saturday and feel very positive about how we want to approach the game and get a result.

The rain has been as bad as any Irish man has ever seen… so indoors has been the focus. I’ve immersed myself in DVD's, email’s ,video’s and even managed to get out to dinner with my cousin and her friend the other night, really nice to see family and get away from my roomie for an hour! Actually Harry is the best roommate on tour!

We fly up late on Friday to the venue (Loftus Versfeld – Pretoria), this will minimize the effect of the altitude, I think we arrive there around midnight. The weather is much better up there, so looking forward to seeing the sun again! Again the support has been phenomenal and I’m really looking forward to lining out with the my six other Irish colleagues on Saturday and performing to the best of our ability, getting the result we know we can.