Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lion's Pride

Well, it was not the dream test match leveler we were all hoping for, in fact it’s gutting to have held onto something for such a large part of the game and to probably have been the better side until that smash right at the end. It's heartbreaking, I'm happy with how I played and I think that as a team we dug deep and performed really well.

I suppose that what makes things just harder to take, when guys are playing out of their skins, and putting in some fantastic performances, to fall just short is heartbreaking. We know South Africa play a physical game and probably two of our key guys in the centre took the brunt of that. It was unfortunate to lose those guys. But we will pick ourselves up now and a 2-1 defeat will be much better than 3-0.

Saturday night was a sombre affair with a few beers and a lot of aches and pains.It's over now and we have to look forward to the next challenge this weekend. We have had a few days off and got to go on safari in the Kruger national park, I even got to pet a Lion, not something you get to do everyday.

So back to training tomorrow and focus on salvaging some pride and a result on Saturday and then it’s the long awaited holidays. It's been such a busy year, time has flown by, but I'll admit, holidays are a very welcome addition, some time to rest and recuperate. Fingers crossed for a big performance on Saturday and I will finish my season on a high!